Sunday 15 April 2012

BACK DOWN TO EARTH.....


Good evening! Yes, we are back home and it's down to earth with a bang, as it's back to school tomorrow! We have had a truly amazing couple of weeks and my head is still crammed full of wedding festivities. Surprisingly, we still have some of the beautiful flowers alive and kicking, although I fear, not for too much longer.

We drove up to Pickering for the second week of the holidays and enjoyed a very relaxing few days, walking Oscar in Dalby Forest or on one of the many local beaches, enjoying good pup grub and some tasty real ale. All in all, it was a fabulous two weeks. Many, many precious memories have been safely stored away.


I didn't really pick up any knitting until we arrived in Pickering and even then, my head just needed a pretty mindless project that would almost knit itself on autopilot. I had just the thing! Little Sophie's jumper, knit in Wendy 'Happy' was just what I needed and once I got going, it was done in no time.


The pattern is a Wendy pattern and is brilliantly written and extremely simple. The little button bands are knitted on after..........


 ................ as is the roll neck.



'Happy' is a 75% bamboo and 25% nylon blend. It's supersoft and beautifully light; just right for a toddler's spring or summer sweater.



 I did also manage anothe repeat on 'Almost Ovals'.............


............. a few more rows on my 'Roger Socks'................


............... and started another shawl. This one is for my newly married elder daughter. She decided against a wedding shawl, but fell in love with mine!!!!! So, off we go on Lucy's 'Wedding Memories Shawl'. I'm using the Rowan 2ply lace again in this gorgeous deep purple. It's an 80% alpacca and 20% merino mix and is a really lovely yarn to work with being warm and soft and flattering to the pattern.


So, now I've delayed for the entire day I think I really must say goodbye and check out what I need to be doing at school tomorrow. I feel as though I've been away for months, not just two weeks. I'll soon be back in the swing of things I expect, and it's really not th\t long until the next hols!!!!

Have a good week everyone.

15 comments:

josiekitten said...

I love the little details on Sophie's jumper, very cute! Glad you had a good week in Pickering! Have a good week! xx

Sarah said...

Hi Ros! Somehow I didn't see your post last week and was looking for wedding photos this week and thought-where are they?-and then realised that there they are! It looks like a beautiful day and everyone and thing looks lovely. I am so glad you had a good holiday and hope you have a good week at school too!

Clicky Needles said...

It makes me laugh the way us 'school people' work in terms! Looks like you've had a wonderful wedding and lovely break. The shawl is a fabby colour.

Have fun tomorrow!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Ros! I love Sophie's new jumper and would love to wear that myself, too!
I can believe that it is strange to start the normal day rutin again after all that exitment and holidays - I guess lovely knitting and Oscar can help!
Have a wonderful week! x Teje

Shannon said...

You are working with some gorgeous colors! The sweater is so cute and The little buttons are adorable :)

AnnaPrasad said...

Gorgeous little jumper. And I forgot to comment about the previous post...what a gorgeous wedding. Looked like everyone enjoyed it very much! Have a good week! Anna

Tracy said...

LOVELY knitting, Ros! Another sweet jumper for Sophie... I love the flower-shaped buttons. You always choose the most lovely colors of wool. Glad things are good there after all the excitement of late, and that you've had a good holiday. We are off to Vienna next week, so I won't be around until the week after. So see you in blogland soon. :o) Happy Days ((LOVE & HUGS))

Lynne said...

Oh my goodness, you've been busy! I love the wee jumper, and everything else looks great too. And they are beautiful photos of the flowers.

Molly the Airedale said...

Sophie's sweater is just beautiful and so are the flowers!

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Love the little jumper for Sophie.
Your colour choices are always exquisite.
Oscar looks like he enjoyed his holiday too!
Susan x

melissa said...

well you came back down to earth with some beautiful knitting projects! hopefully that makes the landing a little easier to take!

Wyatt said...

We love the way your knitting reflects the colors of the spring flowers...perfection!

Wyatt

miek said...

when i read your blog i always think of how we are alike, with all those projects!
i`ll do the same thing, i`l finish work but most of the time i want/like to know how things turn out, if i will be like i have pictured in my mind.
or some new technic i realy, realy want to learn or know how it works hahahaha
and with al those projects of you, i`l feel quiet at home on your blog.
(probebly also because of the lovely dog, but that`s a sentimental thing ;-)
greetings

Willow said...

What a sweet little Sophie sweater. Love the buttons.

I'd say you have plenty on the needles still :)

Mens Suits said...

That sweater is so gorgeous! Can I borrow it?