Sunday 27 January 2013

IN NEED OF LOVE AND ATTENTION!

Holy moly!! I need to be speeding along. I've had too many projects on the go and I've not been focussed on time (or lack of). I want this finished before the new little baby girl arrives; that's around March 24th. This Granny Stripe definitely needs some love and attention!
 

I'm guessing, I need to give this little beauty the full attention that it so dearly deserves. So, no more dipping into other bags, no more doing a little bit here on my sock or a little there on my 'Monkey Bread'.


STOP NOW! All this dilly-dallying just has to stop and there needs to be some concentrated effort on the task.


Once in the zone, there is exquisite delight to be had from the beautiful colours: some soft and calming, others zingy and vibrant.


There are heart-stopping choices to be made as the end of a colour stripe approaches. What will it be next? Digging deep into the woolly depths of the bag, the next little beauty is ready and waiting. 'Pick me! Pick me!' he cries.


Soon, before you know it really, a wondrous sight is there to behold! I'm not meaning those ghastly ends, of course.


They are being completely ignored until I'm ready and set to attend to them. That won't be for some   good time yet, so they can stop trying to be noticed and just settle down and be quiet.


Oh but look, just look, isn't looking lovely!


I need to keep my focus and attend to my 'one and only' for the next few weeks, I think!


I'm just loving those 'nextdoor neighbour' colour changes.


With a little bit of love and affection, I'm sure we'll make the date!


Sophie's hoping for a little mini version for her own 'baby'. She left her at home yesterday though, to go sledging with her daddy and Scott. It looks like the snow's on the way out at long last, so I'm glad she got to enjoy it.


Have a good week everyone!

11 comments:

Teje said...

Hi Ros! Looks amazing and growing really well - beautiful baby blanket! 'Sew Frech' (www.sewfrench.blogspot.com) wrote a post that she chose word 'focus' for this year and I have tried to think that very often! There are just too many wonderful things to do! Lovely idea to make a little blanket for Sophies' doll (I guess)!
I'm working with almost same colours as you, but with fabric!
Have a great week! x Teje

busybusybeejay said...

I'm doing the same blanket as you but in pinks and purples(there's a photo on my blog).I love it.As you say it is as though the colours are shouting "pick me".I know exactly what you mean!I'm sure you will hit your target if school doesn't get in the way but you do have half term to work on it.Good luck.

Molly the Airedale said...

Sophie looks so happy! Don't you like the snow, Oscar? Cheer up! hehe

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

melissa said...

oh that granny stripe is looking so so fantastic!! i love it!

Tracy said...

Oh, those colors! *swoon*... The blankie is looking DELICIOUS, Ros!! LOVE the very happy pic of Miss Sophie and Oscar... too cute they are! Happy Days ((HUGS))

Jennyff said...

What great photographs, you really captures the colours of your lovely blanket and of course the beauty of Sophie and Oscar. I'm the complete opposite of you, one project at a time for me which can make things quite tedious. Wouldn't do for us all to be the same. Have a good week.

Lynne said...

Your blanket looks great, I love the colours. Good luck with sewing in the ends. :)

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Look at how cute Sophie is in her snowsuit. Oscar's of course is ready-made.
Susan x

kate said...

Oh lovely colourful pictures for a grey winter's day!!!

Cute pic of Sophie and Scott - he's quite a bit broader than Oscar, hey, in the face and head?

Keep up the work, and no extra dipping :)

josiekitten said...

The blanket is going to be fabulous!! You will whizz through it at half term! Plus you will have to come to visit us chez josiekitten!!

Anonymous said...

Love the blanket, oddly enough I have one pretty similar on the go, same colours, same pattern. We clearly have the same inspiration (a certain person named Lucy). You are far further forward than I am though and I musy have started mine 9 or 10 months ago! Look forward to seeing it finished. Alison