Sunday 24 March 2013

NO NEWS.....YET!!!!!!


Well, the due date for Sophie's little sister to be born has been and gone. So, anytime soon we should have some exciting news! In the meantime, yet MORE blankiness is going to have suffice. I am beginning to feel that the compulsion to make blankets may be on the wane. I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing, as I still have two blankets that remain very much in a state of unfinishedness. One of these aforesaid blankets is for the aforesaid baby........ when she comes! In a word, the blanket mojo needs to at least keep working for the next couple of weeks or so. The other hibernating bit of blankiness is my longterm sock yarn blankie project. Perhaps I'll wake him up for a quick photo shoot; just one picture mind! We don't want to get our hand bitten off for waking him from his slumber, now do we. If I am in luck, I'll give you a peek at the end of this post. peek at the end of the blog post. Fingers crossed, he will oblige.

Well, back to the pretty little cuteness that is this little blankie soul. It's made from the remains of the yarn for the 'Sweet Baby Blanket ' that I finished a couple of weeks ago.


It looks rather larger than it actually is and I'm not at all happy with the border, which I made up in haste (a little too much haste methinks), so as to get done. However, as the blankie is intended for little Sophie's 'baby' ( her special doll), I don't think it will matter too much. I just don't have the time to undo and redo.


I needed to miss a stitch  between the trebles on the blue or red round, I guess and then my final round would have fewer clusters and, in turn, would have been a little flatter.


I think Sophie will like the ruffled edge just the way it though and that's all that really matters.



You get a bonus sneaky peek of the new kitchen too! I'm not going to show you more until it is fully finished off. There are still curtains, a blind, the glass hob splash back and microwave to be fitted. So you'll just have to wait a tiny bit longer.







Well, there we go. What do you think of my sweet little doll's blankie with the 'ruffley' edges?


Oh, just before I go,  here's a rare shot of that little known or seen blankie beast, the 'Sock Yarn Blankie'. Make the most of it, because you won't see him again for a while!





9 comments:

josiekitten said...

Seeing your sock yarn blankie has reminded me that mine is tucked away in a box upstairs! Hope you get some exciting baby news very soon! xx

Una said...

I think your blanket is lovely, including the ruffle edge.

busybusybeejay said...

I think Sophie will love the little blanket.I quite like the slight curl to the edge.I have loads of bits of sock wool and that looks a good pattern for using it up..Is it on ravelry?

Lynne said...

I think the edging on the blanket looks great, and I bet Sophie will love it. And your kitchen loojs gorgeous!

melissa said...

oh your new kitchen is looking amazing!!

and the baby doll blanket is just perfect - you're right, sohpie will love it no matter how ruffly the edging is!

here's hoping you get some baby news very soon!!

Helsie said...

Here's hoping that by now there is some baby news. I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole of your new kitchen. From the peek you gave us it looks lovely. Very clean and snazzy.

Molly the Airedale said...

Your kitchen looks beautiful and so does the blankie!

Love ya lots
Mitch and Molly

Tracy said...

LOVELY blanket for Miss Sophie's baby--so pretty! And your sock yarn blanket is wonderful too. The new kitchen is shaping up beautifully, Ros... love all the brightness! Happy Days ((HUGS))

Sarah said...

Hope the baby arrives soon and all is well! The blanket for Sophie is lovely-including the edge. I like the ruffly effect. Enjoy the rest of the week!