Sunday 14 June 2015

SUMMER CAST-ON....


Well, I finished my last report this morning, whilst waiting for the drizzly rain to stop. It's such a good feeling to have them out of my head. I still need to read them through to check for any errors that I've missed, but that's an easy task that does not require any brain power.

I needed something new to cast on as a reward and although the yarn doesn't look very attractive in the photo, I am more than happy with my choice. I bought the yarn a long while ago in a John Lewis sale for £1.25 per 50g ball. Bargain! It's a very pretty grape colour and will suit little Evie very well. It's Rowan Milk Cotton DK and is gorgeously soft to work with, if a bit split (as cotton always is).


I've decided to make a summer hooded cardigan which will hopefully be finished before we all go up to Yorkshire at the start of the summer holidays. It's a very simple pattern, with stitches picked up and cast on for the hood and with the button border stitches picked up once the garment has been sewn together. It will be perfect for cooler evenings or windy days at the coast.

The pattern is 'Jake Hoodie' from Rowan's 'The Milk Cotton Baby Collection'. Happy knitting Snoops! The first I've done in two whole weeks!

5 comments:

josiekitten said...

Yay! You finished! Enjoy your freedom! xxx

Molly the Airedale said...

We can't wait to see it all finished ☺

Helsie said...

I remember that finished reports feeling. Glad I'm out of it all, Education is a stressful minefield these days. The little hoodie sounds great.

kate said...

Love that yarn.

Son is madly finishing up reports to hand in - exams start on Friday around here!

Enjoy the start to summer. We could do with some drizzle out here on the not-so-wet west coast of Canada!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Ros! Great to hear you finished and the summer holidays are just on the door step! That yarn looks delicious! Rowan had amazing yarns and they always remind me of my great Rowan's knitting book. Have a lovely week! x Teje