Sunday 5 July 2015

THE BIG 60!


It's one that has to come, but I feel sure there must be some mistake. I really don't know where the time has gone and certainly feel that old! Anyway, just to assure me that I am, I received a very scrummy courgette and dark chocolate cake from an old friend. Yum! Cake too from my great pal Helen (Josiekitten), my favourite Millionaire's Shortbread. Yum! Yum!



Flowers too!


Especially good was a visit from from my lovely friend. We had a good old catch up and as always I was spoilt with lovely carefully chosen gifts.


There was a lovely Three Bags Full bag and a beautiful skein of cashsilk lace from Sweet Georgia Yarns. This yarn just has to be one of favourites; it's so, so warm and lovely to knit with. It will become an 'Almost Ovals' scarf.


Then there were some cute little 'Anyone for Tennis' stitch markers and a useful needle gauge (the numbers won't rub off this one!) and last but not least a very beautiful glass 'wish stick' made by Cornish glass designer, Jo Downs. What a lucky girl I am!

Not much longer to go now before the end of term, when hopefully my knitting rate will pick up. Let's hope so!

12 comments:

josiekitten said...

It was lovely to see you yesterday! Glad you liked your gifts. Have a good week. xx

Teje said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROS!!!
The cake and flowers look delicious and gorgeus! I can imagine that it's difficult to believe that you reached that number. Happy knittings with your NEW yarn! x Teje

busybusybeejay said...

Happy Birthday!Does this mean you can retire soon and have masses of knitting time?Barbarax

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Ros!
Looks like you were thoroughly spoiled.
Here's hoping the run in to the end of term is stress free. Not long to go now!
Kathy xxx

Una said...

Happy birdy! You've beaten me to the big 60 by 5 weeks. I don't feel as old as that either. Crafting and blogging keeps us young.

Anna Prasad said...

Happy, happy birthday Ros. Looks like you have had some lovely gifts and the weather has been beautiful too.
Anna xx

Clicky Needles said...

H A p p Y B I r t H D a Y!!!!!!!!!!!!

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Ros! What beautiful gifts!

Helsie said...

Happy Birthday Ros. Sixty is the new forty you know!

Lynne said...

Happy birthday!! And what gorgeous birthday flowers.

Sarah said...

Happy birthday Ros! Glad it was a good one! Xx

kate said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Ros! Glad you had a lovely day.

When does your term end? Is your school on what we call hear year-round schooling? We have a 9 week summer break right now.