Sunday 23 August 2015

SUMMER FUN....


It's been a really lovely summer holiday, with good weather more often than not and plenty of trips, visits and visitors to keep us busy. As promised, here are a few shots from our time in Pickering and the surrounding area. We had beautiful weather and lots of little people to have fun with for the first week and then peace and quiet for the second. It was a lovely, lovely chunk of family time and time of relaxation and leisure. Priceless!



All too soon, the start of the new school year looms with a new class, a whole host of new challenges and exciting projects to resource and plan. I've made a point of sitting in the sun to knit this morning, as my head starts to be filled with 'school stuff'. I started a little cotton hooded card for Evie at the start of the summer, but have done very little on it. My aim is to complete it by next weekend!


It's a very simple knit, requiring no brain power which is just perfect! The colour is a much softer and lighter shade than my photo implies. I tried several times to get a better colour match but with no success. The back and one front are complete, so it's a possible time scale for completion.

7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

What great pictures! Mom loves sweet peas. Hi Oscar! Evie will look smart in her new hoodie. We can't wait to see it finished!

Teje said...

Hi Ros! Beautiful photos! Summer has passed quickly and I can't believe that schools start. I wish you wonderful autumn and hugs to Oscar! x Teje

Willow said...

Your holiday in North Yorkshire looks like it was wonderful! Sometimes knitting needs to be simple and match the days' rhythm.
The Professor started classes today--I'm a slow starter--mid September. Here's to another great year!

Lyn said...

This last week before school starts has that Sunday evening feel to it.......
I am trying to make the most of it and ignore any school thoughts that pop into my head. It looks like you have had a fun filled summer anyway!
xxx

josiekitten said...

Hope you've managed to fit in some knitting time this week. Your holiday in Yorkshire looks wonderful. Enjoy the last couple of days! xx

Wyatt said...

Lovely pictures. I bet you wish that summer could last just a little bit longer....

Wyatt's mom

Unknown said...

Mmmmm
Hope Oscar's recovered from too many visitors