Sunday 13 November 2016

SHADES OF AUTUMN.....


My sock mojo is running wild at present, which is pretty handy as there are lots of Christmas gifts in the queue awaiting my attention. I'm loving the gorgeous colour ways and stripes of these West Yorkshire Spinners yarns. They are not the softest of sock yarns and I've yet to see how well they wash and wear, but for sheer eye candy they are definitely a hit!


This pair will be a Christmas gift for the younger Miss Snoops, to keep her toes cosy and toasty in her little Victorian London flat.


My knitting mojo has centred itself firmly around the production of small items that won't stay on the needles for too long. Hats for the grandchildren fit the bill perfectly! I searched Ravelry for quite some time before finding just the hat shape that 'floated my boat' to keep little Evie's head warm. I had bought the Wendy merino DK yarn to knit Mr Snoops a new hat for his Oscar-walking, but realised there was not enough for a large man-head. 


The pattern is 'DROPS extra 0-906' by Drops Design. It's made in the round and took very little time. I love the gorgeous shape created by the crown shaping!


This photo is from earlier today, as we walked through the park on our way to find coffee. Oscar just loves the Autumn when the leaves have fallen and and are wet from recent rain. He keeps his nose firmly on the job of sourcing the best smells around and taking Mr Snoops with him!

5 comments:

Clicky Needles said...

I took Tipper for a walk in the wet leaves yesterday and had to run to keep up with him! Love the hat. CNx

josiekitten said...

Love the crown shaping on the hat and those socks are very autumnal. It was lovely to spend some time with you yesterday xxx

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Ros! Beautiful colours on your socks and outside! I love autumn and enjoy the doggy walks. I can imagine Oscar running on the colourful leaves! Hugs to you both! x Teje

Molly the Airedale said...

Love the socks and Evie's hat! What a gorgeous photo of Oscar and his person♥

kate said...

What a lovely fall day! Your socks are inspiring, I have just finished the first Christmas pair...