Friday 2 January 2009

Sock Challenge 2009

Well, I've now made my choices of yarn for the 2009 'Sock Challenge'. It was great fun deciding which yarns to choose. I have chosen twelve different brand names and aim to choose a different pattern each month.....watch this space. Some of the yarns have been chosen for a particular reason. January's 'Noro' was a Christmas gift from Mr Snoopydog, so had to be first of the year. August's yarn was bought in Hay-on-Wye in August 2008, whilst we were staying in Wales for our son's wedding. The Opal hand-painted yarn was originally bought in Hay-on-Wye at the same time and I gave the Jaywalkers made from in to Snoopydog 2 when she set off to work as an intern with United Nations in Bratislava. They were to keep her feet her warm during the harsh winter! I really loved the colourway, called Autumn Song, and managed to purchase another skein on-line. So, September socks have to be.......Jaywalkers for meee!!!!!

The suspense is mounting as the moment comes to publish this year's winners.....
(my stash feels lighter already!)

....THE 2009 NEW YEARS HONOURS LIST....

My creation

Congratulations to the chosen few! (very few when you consider the size of my stash....they are indeed very lucky.)

1 comment:

josiekitten said...

Love your choice Snoopydog! What's going to be your first pattern I wonder? I've just finished my first 'January Monkey' and it's only the 2nd!