Sunday 4 January 2009

FIRST FINISHED ITEMS OF 2009

I've been knitting rather frantically in the last two or three days, in order to get a couple of items complete before going back to school on Monday. The scarf is the Rowan 'Tainted Scarf' pattern and knit using Rowan 'Colourscape'. The range of colourways in this yarn are really lovely. The pattern said two skeins, but I only used one and the finished scarf is easily long enough.

I exchanged the other skein for a different colurway, at my local John Lewis. Hmmmm....I can knit another one now. Bonus!


The socks have been waiting to be finished for ages.....since before the rush to complete Christmas presents. I wanted them finished, so that I am ready to start some lovely new 2009 projects. I hate having unfinished bits and pieces lying around for too long. I bought the wool from a little yarn shop in Aberystwyth last August, whilst we were in Wales for my son's wedding. It is a Regia Kaffe Fassett design, colourway 4259.The pattern is the Yarn Harlot's 'Basic Sock Recipe'and it works really well for a plain 'no need to think' pair of socks.
I'm now about to cast on the first pair of my 2009 Sock Challenge socks, using some gorgeous Noro sock yarn bought by Mr Snoopydog, as a Christmas gift for me! Yum! Yum! You'll have to wait until next time to see.......oh, the suspense!

My creation

2 comments:

josiekitten said...

The scarf and socks look really lovely! The colourway of the socks is stunning! What a shane that I am stashbusting, or I might have had to buy myself the same yarn!

Jennyff said...

Those socks are delicious.