There was only just enough yarn, but I think I made them a little too long really. The ten row pattern was very easy to memorise and looks lovely. I got in a bit of a muddle with the short row heel and toe, so I just used my usual method of knitting a heel flap. A short row heel is new to me and obviously something I need to practise! I think I made the socks a little too long really, especially with the style of top.
I cast on my March Sock Challenge pair last night.....giving myself a bit of a head start, as the next few weeks at school look like being really busy, with loads to get caught up in the evenings! (that's my excuse anyway.....). I tried to choose a pattern that would really show off the Regia self-striping yarn. So often I have made a bad choice and a beautiful yarn pattern or colourway has been spoilt because of a bad pattern choice, ggrr! Anyway I think these look OK so far. The pattern is from the Charlene Schurch book 'Sensational Knitted Socks'. I'll show you more as I progress.
Off out to lunch now!