Saturday 28 February 2009

NUTKIN SOCKS

Here, as promised, are my completed February Nutkin socks. The yarn is from Indie Dyer and the colours are gorgeous.


There was only just enough yarn, but I think I made them a little too long really. The ten row pattern was very easy to memorise and looks lovely. I got in a bit of a muddle with the short row heel and toe, so I just used my usual method of knitting a heel flap. A short row heel is new to me and obviously something I need to practise! I think I made the socks a little too long really, especially with the style of top.
I cast on my March Sock Challenge pair last night.....giving myself a bit of a head start, as the next few weeks at school look like being really busy, with loads to get caught up in the evenings! (that's my excuse anyway.....). I tried to choose a pattern that would really show off the Regia self-striping yarn. So often I have made a bad choice and a beautiful yarn pattern or colourway has been spoilt because of a bad pattern choice, ggrr! Anyway I think these look OK so far. The pattern is from the Charlene Schurch book 'Sensational Knitted Socks'. I'll show you more as I progress.

Off out to lunch now!

1 comment:

josiekitten said...

They are looking great! The colours are wonderful.