Sunday 15 March 2009

SPRING MORNING ISHBEL....and airports!

I started this last week. The pattern is ISHBEL by Ysolda Teague. It's a really easy pattern to follow and there are two sizes given. I used some yarn from stash....YAY! I hear you cry! It's from the Natural Dye Studio and is a merino and tencel mix, so it has a nice sheen and drapes well. It was the monthly sock club yarn last August. It knits up really quickly, especially as half is in stocking stitch. The colours are lovely, reminding me of Spring skies!

I am supposed to be on a 'stash bust' at present, as I have enough yarn to keep me busy for the next 10 years at least. I've been really good until I spotted some fab, 'can't live without' sock yarn on my pal josiekitten's blog. I just had to have it! It's 'mini mochi' and it is the loveliest, softest, most beautifully coloured sock yarn ever. Don't you agree? So now you can see why I HAD to get some.


This morning, I drove my youngest daughter to Luton airport for a flight to Istanbul, where she is attending the 5th World Water Forum . She works with UNDP and Waterwikki has been her 'baby' for the last seven months. It is to be relaunched during the week-long event. We picked up an 'M and S' Meal Deal at the airport and at the checkout I spotted....the perfect sock project bag. It's small and neat...just right for an extra sock project.



Hurry along to M and S now! Perhaps they'll pay me commission!

1 comment:

josiekitten said...

I LOVE your Ishbel! I'm so tempted to make one for me. And the Mini Mochi is lovely too - no wonder you couldn't make up your mind which colours to get!