Wednesday 27 May 2009

STRIPY BABY !

Hello there! We have a new baby in the family! My sister-in-law's son and his wife have a little son called Alexander. I made these for him, using Trekking XXL self-striping sock yarn. I love them! What do you think?


It's half-term this week and it couldn't have come any sooner! We have had our son, his wife and Scott (our grandog!) and our eldest daughter and her boyfriend staying with us over the Bank holiday for a few days. We've had lots of fun and 'catching up' time. Our son and his wife left this morning for a friend's wedding in Italy and then to run the Edinburgh Marathon on Sunday, leaving Scott with us until next Tuesday. BIG SMILE!


He loves to run, swim and chase his ball around a large man-made lake close to where we live. It's beautiful there at this time of year.


I have a really sweet baby matinee jacket on the needles, for a friend of a friend and this fab pair of socks. I bought the yarn (Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball in colourway Fuschia) ages ago, especially to knit Mojo by Donyale Grant.



I think the sock looks a little strange here. That's down to my bad photography, because the toe is tucked in. Hopefully I'll be able to show you more the next time I post. The yarn is just scrummy!


3 comments:

Jennyff said...

Oh I never thought of using stripy sock yarn for pretty baby clothes. Yours are beautiful and I'm going to copy the idea, thanks.

Tracy said...

Congrats on the new addition to the family...and what a great gift you've knitted for the new little man--wonderfully done! Those are very happy stripes. :o) Love to see Scott your granddog...he is sooo cute. Those socks in progress are looking good...love that juicy, pretty yarn--more happy color. We're just back from a two-week trip and now getting a chance to visit friends and catch up on blogging...But oh, the jet lag...LOL! Happy weekend ahead :o)

josiekitten said...

The baby clothes look lovely - and I'm very impressed at how brilliantly you've matched up the stripes! Scott looks like he's had loads of fun holidaying with you! And I'm looking forward to seeing the sock progress. I have a ball in the same colourway. Maybe I'll end up making the same socks?! LOL