Sunday 10 May 2009

HAIKU HEAVEN.....HMMM!


Good Morning!
Yes, I know this was posted last night. I have no time to post whilst at work, so you wouldn't have been able to read my efforts until this evening - FROWN!



(photo taken by me in Pickering, North Yorkshire February 2009)



Sun dips low, heat slows,
Flaming hues streak the night sky
Birds rest, evening falls.



BIG SMILE!!!!! Well, here's my offering for the Haiku Festival. I knew which photo I wanted to include and I used it as the stimulus. It's a long, long time since I have written poetry for fun! The photo was taken in February. We had travelled up to Pickering to spend a few days relaxing during the February half-term. Our son and his wife with Scott (our grand -dog!), and our eldest daughter and her boyfriend joined us. It was Mr Snoopydog's birthday whilst we were there and we smuggled our youngest daughter in from Slovakia (where she is working as a Consultant to the UN). He had no idea.................the memories are priceless. They make me SMILE!

12 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Very nice. I think the dusk is my favourite time. This takes me to that place.

Kat

Tracy said...

Thank you, Ros for you beautiful and evocative contribution to the haiku event! :o) That photo is stunning! Memories often offer a stimuls for poetry and creation/creative process. Many have have enjoyed this event and would like to see it come back next year--hooray. Happy Day ((HUGS))

The Clever Pup said...

I love the fiery sunset this invokes. I like your bright socks too. We seem to have the same dog. I have a female yellow lab.

GalleryJuana said...

Beautiful, rich colors in this sunset. Mysterious and alive. The haiku accents the photo well.

Golden West said...

What a captivating sunset, with the chimneys watching the fire in the sky - lovely!

Shell said...

Wow, the picture just sets off the beauty of your Haiku.

Sarah said...

Beautiful photo and Haiku and I love the story that goes with them! I went through Pickering fairly recently on the way back from Whitby-but it was in the morning and just a bit cloudy! Pickering rain clouds
Travel from over the moor
Lorries are quite slow.
We got stuck behind one for quite some time outside Pickering!
Lovely socks too!

A.Smith said...

Who paints the sky? you know?
The sun in gold, the sky in muted blues and finally at dusk,
was painted by you.

Lovely image and evocative words.

Janet said...

Picturesque! Really gorgeous photo and haiku. Thanks for sharing!

Jennyff said...

I really like the closing of the day sentiment to your haiku, it fits the photograph perfectly. I don't ever remember the sky in Pickering looking like that though, beautiful.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Such a beautiful orange sky and the perfect haiku to accompany it!

Molly the Airedale said...

This is our first time to your blog! Mom says that your socks are just beautiful!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch