Sunday 22 August 2010

GOOD TIMES!


Greetings from North Yorkshire! Hope everyone has had a good week. We've had a really lovely family week up here in the beautiful Yorkshire town of Pickering. It does the heart and soul so much good to spend time with those you love. It was a rather different family structure in comparison with the same time last year, as we now have Oscar and our beautiful little grandaughter, Sophie. It's great to catch up and relax.We had so much simple fun!

The 'youngs' spent two or three hours 'going ape' in the beautiful Dalby Forest (a favourite haunt of Mr Snoopydog and myself). Mr S and I got to look after Sophie and Scott! :)


We spent a couple of beautifully sunny and warm days on the beach at Filey.....


We watched the steam train come in.....


We spent a gloriously warm and sunny day at Robin Hood's Bay. The views are spectacular!


We crossed the moors.....



We shared great food, wine and ale. We told stories and shared jokes. We played games! We just had such good fun! Oh............. and Oscar enjoyed his first ice-cream...


....... and Sophie enjoyed her first trip to the seaside. I think she liked it!


Knitting has taken a back-seat this past week, but I have made a little progress on one or two of the projects that I brought with me.

The Manos del Uruguay 'Artist' sweater now has a back and one sleeve!


Cookie A's 'Pomatamus' socks have one 22 row pattern repeat completed!


 The Wollmeise is fabulous to work with and the pattern is very easy to follow. It's not a difficult chart, but you  do need to concentrate, as each row is different. I just love the colour!!!!! 

I have also managed about three inches on the 'Jules' socks, but haven't got a photo yet! I'll show you next week.

So, the 'youngs' have now gone home leaving Mr S, Oscar and I,  to relax and seek out our favourite places and maybe even discover one or two new ones, for another whole week. More of our summer break next time!

19 comments:

fromsophiesview said...

Absolutely stunning landscapes...and the 'Manos' yarn sweater...mmm..sooo soft.
Yes, we swim in the sea a lot here on the edge of the North Atlantic(western side). The water is sooooo warm...as a matter of fact I was swimming just this pm with my BF Clancy, a Bichon Frizee. He's catching on even if he's only 10 years old.

Sarah said...

I love the Sophie and Oscar mosaics! Sophie's expressions are so funny! Glad you are having a good holiday!
I loved your vegetables before-wish I could taste them as they all look delicious.

Jennyff said...

Oh I love all those places but best of all I love the North York Moors. I spent so much time walking them when we lived in the area and I still miss them 20 years later. Glad you are having a great time, I think you've done quite a bit of knitting considering. Enjoy the second week, you lucky thing.

bellaboo said...

I love ALL your photos..the sea,Oscar,the train..but the ones of Sophie ..well they beat the lot.She really is THE most adorable baby!

Bellaboo :o)

Molly the Airedale said...

What fabulous photos! We are so happy that you got your first ice cream cone, Oscar! Hopefully this is just the start of many more to come!
Sophie is just too cute!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Wyatt said...

What a great holiday. The scenery is stunning! Sophie is such a doll and love the pics of Oscar and his ice cream cone. Thanks for sharing!

Wyatt

Mandy said...

What a lovely blog post, it does look like you are all having fun. Keep up the good work!

Kathy said...

Your photographs in this post are fabulous! Sophie is so sweet, and Oscar is such a handsome fellow! I bet he loved that ice-cream!
Love Kathy xxx

Lyn said...

great photos, love you one's of Sophie and Oscar!
glad you are having a grand time.
love
Lyn
xxx

Tracy said...

Everyone looks sooo HAPPY! And how not to be--sea views, train trips, ice cream, wool & knitting... *swoon*... Just LOVE seeing Miss Sophie--what a beautiful babe! And can almost feel the tickle of Oscar's tongue on the the ice cream. That shot of the train round the bend--love that one too. Fantastic photos, Ros!! Glad you are all having a wonderful time--soak up the last of summer! :o) ((HUGS))

Scented Sweetpeas said...

aaahh Oscar enjoying his ice-cream, how sweet. Sophie is just gorgeous - stop with the cute baby photos :-)

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

It does a heart good to see and share your holiday...
I'll bet Oscar loved his ice-cream!
Susan x

Mrs Twins said...

Thanks for stopping by Ros.
I just love popping over to see your photos. Sophie is gorgeous. Photos on your blog are good too! REally enjoyed reading about your trip.
I also love looking at all the wonderful colours in your yarn. You are always busy making something or other!
Hugs Suex

Unknown said...

Yipee... someone has been playing with the new design templates. Great job. Love, LOVE, the new header. That the mosaic of the little one is too cute and brought a smile to my face and a chuckle in my belly. Wonderful....

Blog on, my friend,
Kate

melissa said...

gorgeous gorgeous! everything in this post is amazingly lovely to look at! i love the pics of oscar with the ice cream and that sweet sophie just gets sweeter every time you post a new picture!

glad you are enjoying your time in yorkshire!

Dawn said...

I wentto Dalby Forset and Robin Hoods bay last week, as well as a train ride but the steam engines were not working when we went.
Sophie is adorable(and Oscar too!)

Stadtwaldvogel said...

Beautiful pictures, I can imagine how relaxing your holiday is. I love the pattern of your newest sock and maybe I will knit it one day, too (when I own a solid colered skein of yarn).
Yours, Julia

Sandy said...

Baby and Dog are adorable!!!! You have a lovely blog and I joined as a follower. So happy you found my blog and became a follower. The scenery is just gorgeous.

josiekitten said...

I love the photos of Oscar eating his icecream! Sophie looks gorgeous! And the Wollmeise yarn on the Pomatomus sock is just scrummy! xx