Sunday 14 November 2010

JUST KNITTING....

Good evening! Lovely to be back! Hope you've all enjoyed a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. I certainly have! I'm trying really hard to catch up on many of my unfinished projects ( of which I have several!!!!) before Christmas. I have been bitten by the 'need to start another something' bug just rcently
 and it's led to a rather large backlog.

The little bolero shown above, was an extremely easy knit; made all in one piece, with stitches picked up afterwards for the borders.


The pattern suggested three balls of yarn, but it took just over two, so I have begun a little hat to match.

The manly socks for my son are well under way. I finished off the first one this afternoon.


I love the toe on these socks. Rather than decreasing down on each alternate row, before kitchener stitching the last sixteen or so stitches, here there is a derease row, followed by three straight, a decrease row followed by two straight, repeated twice, a decrease row followed by one straight, repeated three times and then decrease on every row until eight stitches left. These should have then been drawn through and pulled up, but I decreased down to ten stitches, as above and the kitchenered. It gives a lovely rounded toe.


I need to get a move on with the aran coat for my youngest daughter, otherwise it will be Spring before she is able to wear it ;-). So, the plan for the week, if schoolwork doesn't intrude more than is polite, is to finish the little hat for Sophie, the second manly sock and at least the other front of aran coat. Hmmmm! Think I might be a little too optimistic. Next weekend, I need to sew two Christmas stockings for the two new family members to have joined us since last Christmas, Oscar and little Sophie.

Look forward to seeing you next weekend. Have a great week everyone!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I swear, I'm coming over just to shop with you for yarn. This cardi is wonderful and the colors magnificant. You are truely amazing. Have a wonderful week. Today, I'm a football widow like many U.S. wives, which is just fine to give me some hook-e-time.

Kate

Teje said...

Good evening Ros, how nice to 'see' you! You made just adorable little bolero! The yarn and colour is so beautiful! Quite big sock - you need more time than me for my girl-socks! I hope you have time for your crafts and have a lovely week!
Kisses and hugs for Oscar!
Teje and Nero

Karin said...

Wowwww! The bolero is WONDERFUL! Love the colours!
Love the socks too!
~X~ Karin

Lynne said...

Oohh! The belero is lovely, and I do like the toe of that sock.

Jennyff said...

Sweet bolero, the colours are wonderful. I think we are all getting the pre Christmas knitting panic, I spent the afternoon in front of a film knitting furiously, followed by a session of pulling back as I'd made a mistake. Hope your week is more productive.

Sarah said...

Wow lots to do and lots already done! I love the little bolero and the one manly sock is very nice. I hope you get lots done! How long is sit till Christmas?!

josiekitten said...

I love the little bolero - the colours are very Noro-esque! I'm trying to make myself finish things off at the moment as well. I have far too many projects that have been hanging around way too long! Have a good week xxx

Sue said...

Your bolero looks beautiful, love how it striped! Your son's socks look great, like the rounded toe.

bellaboo said...

Sophie will look so sweet in that lovely bolero.
Have fun knitting the stockings.Hope Oscar is getting well.Have a good week :o)

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely sock!! The bolero's colors are very cheery for winter time. It looks like you're having fun :)

Helsie said...

What a lucky Girl Sophie is - the bolero is lovely. You really are churning these things out aren't you? Well done
Cheers
Helen

Fiona said...

How can you possibly knit so much and so fast? The bolero is lovely. What pattern is it? I have a little girl I'd like to knit it for.

Molly the Airedale said...

We just love seeing all of your exciting projects! Mom still can't figure out how you whip those socks out so quickly!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Dawn said...

Sophie is going to be one warm baby, not to mention cute. Glad I'm bot the only one that has too many projects on the go at once, although I am trying very hard to be good.

Tracy said...

That jacket is GORGEOUS, Ros! Oh, wow... that variegated wool is simply scrumptious! I feel behind on knitting and all sorts of the holidays just now. We travel to the US on Friday to be with family for Thanksgiving and celebrate birthdays--very excited! TONS to do, though... LOL! I hope to visit at your place at least the once before we leave. Happy Week :o) ((HUGS))

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

I am so late with my visit this week but I'm glad I dropped by to see the beautiful bright creation you are working on.
We've come a long way since the basic pinks and blues for tots haven't we?
Susan x

Willow said...

Ros, I love those socks too. I've not seen that toe shaping before and I think it would be quite comfortable. Next pair I make, I'll try that. Thanks.

And that little bolero is lovely.

Pammy Sue said...

Love your sweater! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I hope you come back. I'll be Following you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! The Noro is just stunning :)

Cheers!
Daisy

melissa said...

love the little bolero! how perfect that you have yarn left over for a matching hat!

and the socks are looking fab. i'm constantly impressed by the sheer number of socks you knit up. you're amazing!!