Tuesday, 30 August 2011
HENLEY WITH A TWIST!!!!!!
Here it is, at last! My 'Henley with a Twist' is finally finished. This was the project I set out to complete over the school summer holidays and I've succeeded. The Anne Hanson pattern is superb;so easy to follow, everything well explained and the fit...... well, for me, the fit is absolutely perfect. This is the first sweater or cardi I've made for myself that actually fits!!! It's fantastic, I love it!
I made it one inch longer in the body than stated, but really didn't need to. I worried about the fit, as the pieces seemed quite small. However, once blocked and steamed, the garment was spot on. The pattern makes it very stretchy.
The placket front opening looks lovely with a t-shirt under!
I tried the shaping two or three times until I was happy with it. I didn't want lots of stocking stitch visible, as the pattern diminished with the decreasing. So, sometimes I had to play around a little with decreases and increases, to get the desired effect. I'm more than happy with the result, as the shaping is relatively inconspicuous.
I wanted small, plain, matt, bluey-green buttons, but couldn't find the perfect ones. My final choice was for some shell buttons turned over, so that the mottled, matt back is seen, rather than the shiny front. They pick up the subtle sandy-brown undertones in the yarn.
The 'Woolen Rabbit' yarn is fabulous to work with and I have to say...... I need some more NOW!