Sunday 20 November 2011

A WHIRLWIND HAS JUST PASSED THROUGH......


Hello there! Glad to see you again. I can't believe how quickly these Sunday evening blog spots come around. It's been another whirlwind of a week. I've been extraordinarily busy week at school, with very little knitting taking place. However, I do have some rather scrummy yarn to show you if you'll just be patient.

You may well be wondering what the Lord Mayor and Sheriff of Norwich are doing, visiting my blog. Well, we held our annual Norwich Exhibition at school this weeek. Normally, Year 3 produce all the work for the exhibition themselves. This year, we decided to make it a whole school project. The work was all duly exhibited and parents from each year group attended. We invited our Year 3 parents on Tuesday afternoon. As our year group focus was the landmark buildings of our lovely city, we wrote letters to the people who work in aech one, asking for answers to our questions and for information. In reply, a gentleman from City Hall contacted us and asked if we would like the Lord Mayor and Sheriff to visit. The children were so excited! We had a very lovely and successful afternoon. Here are a few more shots of the exhibits.


Year 3 started off the project back in September, by taking a trip on the open-top tourist bus.

Year 4 found out all about the famous people who have lived and worked in Norwich.





Such fun! There was a real purpose for all of our writing; information writing, letters, acrostic poems, recounts. You name it, we did it!

Although not much knitting has taken place there has been a little. I've begun a little hoodie for Sophie, using the Debbie Bliss yarn I showed you last week.


I've finished the back and made a start on the front on our way up to the coast yesterday morning. It's a very easy pattern, with the yarn being carried easily up the side of the work.






The postman brought several parcels this week! Two I can't show you, as they contain gifts for my dear friend Josiekitten and my daughter-in-law. However, I think you'll enjoy the two that I can!
First up is the November yarn from the Knitspot 'Fall in Full Color Club', along with a little chocolate surprise. The yarn is a deep chocolate merino DK, with golden highlights. I just love it!


The November pattern gives a choice of two lovely cowls. I'm not normally a cowl wearer, but I think I might now become one. I'm hoping to start knitting it this week, so I'll show you the pattern, along with my progress next time.

Next up is some yarn to die for!! Anne Hanson has just released a new cardi pattern called 'Blumchen', which I really like. I have bought two 800yd skeins of the very lovely Sea Pearl yarn from 'Briar Rose Fibres', in colourway 'Anne's'. It's a mix of merino and tencel and is so unbelievably soft, but offering up a lovely sheen as well.


I don't intend to start this project just yet, but wanted to snap up the yarn when I saw it available. It can be stashed for later!!!

After such a whirlwind of a week, Mr Snoops suggested a trip to the coast yesterday. It was lovely and sunny and quite warm, so we decided to make Aldeburgh our port of call, so that we could enjoy some rather delicious fish and chips for lunch from the 'Golden Galleon' chippy.


This rather fetching mermaid lives just above the doorway. She must have seen some sights in her time!

I'll leave you with a few more snaps of  our day out at the beach.

Hope you have a good week. I do so love you popping in to say 'hello'! See you soon.

9 comments:

josiekitten said...

Love your Sea Pearl yarn - it's going to look gorgeous! Mmmmmmmmm fish and chips at Aldeburgh - you can't get much better than that! Have a good week! xx

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Ros! You had quite exiting week! Love your new yarns - I would love to have that chocolate coulour yarn! Beautiful photos from your trip and nice to see Oscar!
Have a wonderful week! xxxx Teje

Kathy said...

Wow! That's quite an exhibition! The children must have loved the visit from such important people! You must be shattered though, after last week's special visitors too!
We had a 'Time' week this week, with every class from nursery to Y6 working on time in maths. It all ended in a huge assembly, where all the classes showed everyone what they'd been doing. We did a jive to Rock around the Clock ... huge laughs all round!
Your day trip to the seaside looks lovely!
Have a good week!
xxx

bellaboo said...

I can see how much hard work has gone into that exhibition.The Lord Mayor and Sheriff must have been very impressed! Isn't it wonderful to be able to still enjoy the beach in November? :0)

Sarah said...

Your school exhibition looks great-I love the variety of work in those displays. Lovely yarn choices too-especially the chocolate coloured one. Great to get to the beach. We are both ill this weekend so only made it to the shops today, and today I have made it not much further than bed!
Have a good week!

Sarah said...

shops yesterday-I really should read my comments properly!

kate said...

Oh wow, I want to be one of your students! That looks like an amazing study project.

Love your seaside pictures, especially the fish shop sign about any fresher... too cold around here to take seaside pics, although the water was beautiful in its wild way.

Have a great week!

Lynne said...

Love the photos - especially Nelson! The little hoodie is gorgeous and the new yarn is beautiful. I bet the colours are even nicer in real life. :)

Wyatt said...

What fun your class projects are and such special visistors too!?!

Love your beach pictures and the fetching mermaid :D

Wyatt's Mom