Sunday 2 June 2013

All in Good Time!

Nothing like a dose of new yarn to lift the spirits (not that needed lifting, but any excuse will do, hey)! Just look at those lovely, lovely scrummy balls! Let's just say they were a little half-term treat..... soon put to good use.


Well, half-term is sadly drawing to a close, but I have to say, it has been a rather lovely break, doing lots of 'not too much', if you know what I mean. We have been out and about, drinking coffee, having lunch, walking Oscar, visiting the coast and pottering! I spent a fab day catching up with my dear pal, Helen (josiekitten), meeting Flo and having a look around her gorgeous new house and garden. Even more spectacular, is the fact that I actually managed a decent amount of chilled knitting time.

As you can see, I have started a new baby blanket; knitted rather than crocheted, this time around.  It's a very special knit and all will become clear quite soon, hence I've called it 'All in Good Time'. The pattern is another from the Rowan 'Just Baby' book; the Nezbit Blanket, by Lisa Richardson. It uses Rowan Baby Merino Silk DK, of which I am a great fan, as the colours are gorgeous, it's beautifully soft and it knits up beautifully.


As you can see, there's nothing too tricky involved, so perfect TV knitting. The pattern is a simple double moss stitch. There is one more colour to add to the stripe pattern; a bright pink, as used for Sophie's 'Dahl' sweater that I showed you a couple of posts ago. So, lots of rich, bright colours, but also some softer and lighter ones too to tone down the overall effect. Perfect for a boy or a girl!


I've also managed to complete, as far as is possible, another little 'Anderson'  sweater, again from the 'Just Baby' book. This is a super fast knit, using the Rowan Baby Merino Silk DK.


I love the super cute little pockets! I've made the 3 to 6 month size, as there is sufficient yarn and hopefully, it will get more wear. As you can see, there is no neckband or front button bands yet. Well, it could be a boy or it could be a girl: so I will just have to wait until I know! It matches perfectly with the 'All In Good Time' blanket, using the same blue/green yarn.


We had a lovely day out at Aldeburgh yesterday; sun, sea and fish and chips, as well a browse around Snape Maltings. We have enjoyed this same day out many, many times, but I never tire of the beautiful Suffolk coast. A perfect end to the day came in the form a quick pint of real ale at our 'local'.


Have a great week!


8 comments:

josiekitten said...

Love those knits, especially the blanket! It is going to look stunning. Great to see you this week. Roll on the summer holidays!! xx

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

The colour of the new sweater is just beautiful.
Pray tell what is that shell-shaped thing on the beach.
I think Oscar enjoyed the break too.
Have a great week.
Susan x

Sarah said...

Glad you had a good week Ros! I love the colours of your new blanket. Hope the week goes ok. x

Molly the Airedale said...

The blanket is such beautiful colors and we love the pockets in the little sweater!

Teje Karjalainen said...

That's a dream bundle, Ros! You can't guess how I wish I had those now - just searched my stash and it's soooo boring - I want to crochet more flower squares. I love the turquoise jacket and so happy to see your beautiful views!
Hugs to you and Oscar! x Teje

Lynne said...

I love the colours in the blanket, and the little cardigan is gorgeous. Also, the colours in the first photo are fab, what do you plan to make with it?

kate said...

Seaside and knitting - my two loves! Gorgeous.

Have a good week back!

melissa said...

ooooh ros! that blanket is going to be gorgeous!!

hope your return to work goes smoothly! lily's in her last week over here. we're definitely ready for summer!