Sunday 26 May 2013

JUST BABY....


Well, the sun is shining, it's a glorious Bank Holiday Sunday, the younger Miss Snoops is home from London for the weekend and I have a week's holiday from school. What more could one ask for! Yes, I have also finished the little cardigan for Jessica and sewn seven pretty shell buttons on whilst sitting in the sun. Heaven!


It's a cute pattern and pretty easy, even though there are alternate cabling rows. The pattern suggested six buttons, but I have had to use seven. The holes formed by the cables act as buttonholes and it was impossible to equally space six. It looks fine.


The cabling has produced a lovely thick, warm fabric; making the garment more like a little jacket really.


As I have three more balls of this yarn (Rowan 'Baby Merino Silk DK'), and have a very special secret that I'm keeping at the moment, I thought I would begin another 'Anderson', from the same book. I blogged about the previous one here.


I love this rich blue/green colourway. It's such an easy pattern and I'm needing something pretty mindless his week.

Last night, I had a trip to the cinema with Miss Snoops to see 'The Great Gatsby', which I really enjoyed, although the reviews have been very mixed. I guess it was also lovely having some girly time together too! We had a lovely walk around the lake this morning and lunch at the barn, with homemade cheese scones. Delicious! I have to say, I have then done nothing but sit in the garden all afternoon. I took a shot of the beautiful wisteria that has just come into bloom, for you to enjoy.


Have a great week everyone! Let's hope the sun keeps shining on us!

10 comments:

kate said...

That sweater/jacket turned out beautifully - so sweet!

Enjoy your lovely week off and your time with your daughter!

Molly the Airedale said...

The cardi is just gorgeous and so is the wisteria!

kristieinbc said...

That sweater is gorgeous! I just bought that Rowan baby knitting book, and have had my eye on that sweater. Now I am feeling inspired to cast it on!

Lynne said...

The pink cardigan is beautiful, and I really like your poppy project bag.

josiekitten said...

The pink cardigan is lovely. Looking forward to seeing you this week!!

Jennyff said...

Such a stylish cardigan, I like it very much. After all that twisting you deserve something less challenging and a bit of sunshine. Enjoy your week off.

melissa said...

oh the cardigan turned out perfectly!
such a sweet color and stitch pattern, baby jess is going to look adorable!

Wyatt said...

Hope the sun keeps shining on you and your lovely garden.
Love your pink cardigan, you should open a shop!

Wyatt and mom

Dawn said...

Such a sweet knit!
Thanks for your kind words x

Tracy said...

Sooo, sooo pretty is that baby jacket, Ros! Great to visit here with you! I've been away from the computer. We're just back from a little holiday. :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))