Sunday 21 September 2014

SEASIDE MEMORIES


So, here it is! Well, here is the beginning of it. I suspect the end may well be several months away. I would love it to be complete by December 23rd, which is little Evie's first birthday. I've set myself a target of two stripes an evening. There are eighty-four stripes in total, plus the edging, so it could possibly be finished in time. In reality, there is little chance of me keeping to the target, as too many other things get in the way.


The pattern is Lucy's 'neat ripple' over at Attic 24. If youwanrt to stick to Lucy's coastal colourway, as I have, you can buy the yarn in a ready-made pack from the Wool Warehouse, complete with a printed copy of the free pattern.


I just adore the colour range. It's perfect for Evie's 'Seaside Ripples Blanket' ; lots of memories of seaside fun and family times all stored up in one snuggly, woolly blanket!


I just can't stop rippling!!!


Already we have ripply memories of sandcastles, seaweed, blue summer skies, ages old grey pebbles being tossed into the sea, grey cliffs looking out over the deepest blue, sparkling under the summer sky, the grassy cliff top where we eat our picnic and fun family times! LOVE IT!

10 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

I love it too.Lucy is so clever and she has got me addicted to blanket making!

AnnaPrasad said...

Love the ripple...gorgeous colours too. Good luck getting it finished on time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ros! This is going to be so beautiful! Really memories from the summer beach! Enjoy your Project! x Teje

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Its beautiful Ros, a true reflection of Summertime colour along the seashore.
I'm sure you'll finish it in time.
Susan x

josiekitten said...

Love those colours. Makes me want to crochet another blanket! Have a good week! xx

Molly the Airedale said...

What perfect colors and design to remind you of the beach! It's just beautiful!

Lynne said...

This is gorgeous! Good luck with the rest of it.

Lyn said...

Love it Ros, good luck with getting it finished, I love the colours too! X

Willow said...

Oh, I love love love that colorway! Seaside colors are definitely my color love.

melissa said...

yay!! i love ripples!
yours is looking oh so lovely!