Sunday 14 December 2014

CHRISTMAS IS COMING.....


In that case it's time for a little Christmas pressie for moi, don't you! So here we are, all ready for the Christmas holidays and a little spot of Christmas sock knitting. I've been wanting a lovely pair of bright red socks for a long time, so now is the time.

The yarn is one of my favourites for socks, Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in colourway 'poppy'. I think I'm going to knit a second pair of Anne Hanson's Fishbone Gansey Socks. I love the design and the fit of these.

The second skein, also for socks, is Sweet Georgia's 'tough love sock', in colour way 'mulberry'. Looks like there'll be some cosy toes this winter!


The fantabulous 'Unruly Reindeer' Christmas project bag is another of Michele's wonders from Three Bags Full. An irresistible design, especially as it has a red and white spotty interior!

I made a little more knitting time last week, at the expense of school data collecting, but never mind, there'll be time enough to get it all done this week. So, I steamed ahead to complete the second of the pair of Kim Swingle's Roxy Socks . Love this pattern! Loved the pretty yarn too, but this pair are for the elder Ms Snoop's Chrissie parcel.


Hope she likes them!

9 comments:

josiekitten said...

That bag is so cute!! Perfect for winter knitting!! Love those stripy socks, I feel the urge to dig out my skein and cast on right now!! Have a good week, not long now! xx

Sarah said...

We all need presents for us! I have been slowly crocheting myself some socks but have put them on hold to make presents. Looking forward to getting back to them. Hope your last week goes well!

Helsie said...


Another lovely pair. Lucky to be on your Christmas list !!

Molly the Airedale said...

We just love those Roxy socks!

Lynne said...

I LOVE the rainbow coloured socks, they are just brilliant!

Brenda B said...

I LOVE your project bag! And what's not to like with those fun socks! I always get myself a gift and it's always craft related! Have a good Christmas.

Hugs
Brenda

kate said...

Perfect colourful antidote for these dark days of December - lovely!!

melissa said...

oh i love that reindeer project bag - that fabric is too fun!!

the rainbow socks turned out perfectly! your daughter's going to love them!!

knittingsandwich said...

ooh I love that sweet georgia yarn. gorgeous stuff! and the socks are awesome! you can't wear those and not have a fabulous day!
-Claire