Sunday 11 January 2015

FROZEN...... in time!


Well hello! It's good to be back. I very rarely desert my little bit of bloggy heaven for quite so long, but Christmas chez Snoopydog was  a very busy affair this year. Busy in a good way, with our family arriving at different times, along with grandchildren and carloads of 'essentials' if you have little ones!

We survived and had a very lovely time, with walks, games, trips to the cinema and just generally enjoying each other's company.


I managed to complete this little sweater for Sophie intake for Christmas. I called it her Elsa ( from  Frozen) sweater, so that she would approve of the colourway and want to wear it. Sophie is a very 'pink' little girl! As it happens, she seemed to like it very much. The yarn is pretty cheap and cheerful but lovely and soft and a pleasure to work with. It's Sirdar Crofter DK and the pattern is Sirdar Crofter 2256. I picked it up at Fibre East last summer.


I love the simplicity of the little rolled neck and sleeve edges and the set in sleeves. 


I then managed to make an Anna version for little Jess. The fact that I have made two well within four weeks, shows that it really is a quick knit!





I made a cheeky little purchase last week in order to knit one of Kim Swingles' new Playtime sock patterns. Her newly published e-book includes three fab patterns especially designed with variegated yarn in mind. I have a feeling I shall make 'Teeter Totter'.  STR is the recommended yarn and as there seems to be a great big gaping hole in my stash, I felt I needed to go some little way to filling it.... or a the very least, plugging the hole! I love it and know that it will make a fabulous pair of colourful foot warmers.



Looks like two separate skeins doesn't it! Fun!


Right, now lets say goodbye and get on with some new blankie crocheting for an hour or so. Hopefully I'll be able to show you a worthwhile amount of what's being hooked next time. Have a good week!

13 comments:

josiekitten said...

Those sweaters are lovely and the yarn is such a great alternative to proper Fair Isle!! Love your new skein of yarn. I have resisted the urge to buy (so far!!) Have a good week! xx

busybusybeejay said...

I love the jumpers.Variegated yarns are great.The roll neckline is so effective.

Sarah said...

What a good idea to 'sell' the jumpers as Frozen ones! They are lovely colours. The sock yarn is gorgeous too. Have a good week!

Molly the Airedale said...

What beautiful little sweaters ♥

Willow said...

I must say that I am very impressed with the socks in the previous post--the stripes match up perfectly. Looking forward to seeing the next pair of socks.

The pattern for Frozen and Elsa remind me of the Weasley Sweater I knit each winter for my grandson who is now on his fourth Weasley sweater. The sleeves are not inset but simply picked up along the sides of the body. Super simple. I found the pattern in Charmed Knits.

Tracy said...

Hi, Ros! Great to see you back too... and glad you had a lovely, long Christmas break! LOVE, love, love these little sweaters--such great yarns! And LOVE the pink-aqua-purple skein--SCRUMPTIOUS!! Look forward to seeing all your creative projects in the New Year! Thanks so much of visiting. I left blogland for a bit, and now making a "comeback" ;o)... It's good to be back! Wishing you & yours all the VERY BEST and more in 2015!! ((HUGS))

AnnaPrasad said...

Welcome back. Two lovely jumpers! Hope your 2015 has started well and will continue to be amazing!

knittingsandwich said...

Those sweaters are very sweet and wonderful. I'm sure they'll look adorable on!
And boy did you pick out some scrumptious looking yarn- excited to see what you make with it!
Wishing you a most exciting and fulfilling new year!
-Claire

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Ros! I really love these pullovers! Colours are so beautiful and I always liked to knit this kind of patterns! I do miss knitting and enjoy seeing your projects. So delicious NEW yarns! Happy knittings and hugs to Oscar! x Teje

Wyatt said...

I just love your sweaters and I always imagine them in my size, on me!

Wyatt's Mom

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

The sweaters are gorgeous Ros. Best be careful though the girls may put them on and then want to listen to that song from Frozen over and over and over again... Ha!
Susan x

kate said...

Wow, two super cute sweaters!!! I think I say it every time, but I love the colours you are drawn to.

melissa said...

aw, i love the two frozen themed sweaters! they're perfect!
and oooh - that skein of yarn is gorgeous! can't wait to see your socks!