Sunday 25 June 2017

SUMMER MUSIC AND RIPPLES......


Well it's been busy, busy, busy here at chez Snoops'. No idea what's really kept me busy, except just general day to day jobs that need to be done, a garden that needs to be cared for and work! 

I'm making some progress on my blanket, but savouring every minute of it. This delicious ripple pattern is so soothing and relaxing. It's lovely to be choosing the colour pattern for myself rather than following someone else's plan. 


It's been summer music time in my little corner of life too. Take That took the stage at Carrow Road as part of their Wonderland tour. Th e night was absolutely terrific. I'm no Take That fan, but the sheer spectacle and drama of the evening was fantastic. 



This weekend it was the turn of Alfie Boe and Michael Ball's 'Together Again' gig in Thetford Forest. My pal Helen (Josiekitten) cam along too and we had a great evening. The weather was warm and the air was still, with amazing cloud formations moving across the sky as the sun set. It was all just lovely!



New up this week, is another trip to Thetford Forest to see my favourite band, Elbow! To say I am rather excited is an understatement. To get me in the mood, I watched their full set at Glastonbury, from the comfort of my sofa) on Saturday evening. It was brilliant!!


The weather conditions recently must have been just right, notably for outdoor music concerts, but also for the raspberry canes. Never have I seen such a good crop before. There have been three bowlfuls collected and frozen so far!


 The sweet peas are also blooming nicely. I'm loving these gorgeously bright  little beauties!


I think I have to confess to actually becoming slightly addicted to gardening over the last few weeks, which has eaten into my crafting time quite substantially. It's alright though, because once the flowering season is over, my new found passion will quickly subside, I suspect.

Right, blanket ripples here we come!

6 comments:

josiekitten said...

Love love love those colourful ripples. It was a great concert last night wasn't it? Enjoy Elbow this week too. xxx

Wyatt said...

Love your pics and your joy. Gardening is addictive, I know :D

Molly the Airedale said...

Sweet peas are one of mom's favorite flowers! Love your colorful ripple blankie☺

Willow said...

I love seeing the photos of your garden since I'm somewhat of a gardening addict myself.
Oh those ripples! They make me want to learn to crochet!

Helsie said...

Ah, raspberries ! Not something I'm very familiar with other than the frozen variety which I find very tart. I love it that you two good buddies are getting out and about together and helping each other get on with life. Cheers

Tracy said...

Oooo...LOTS of happy ripples...The blanket is looking wonderful!! :) I'm not a Take That fan either... but it's fun with being at a concert, no matter the music. Fun to see what's happening in your garden. Sooo many delicious raspberries--JOY! We have lot of green and growing here, but sadly it doesn't look like we'll have too many berries from our raspberry bushes this year. :/ Crochet and gardening... easy to get lost in those! ;) Happy Days ((HUGS))