Sunday 22 October 2017

PLANET EARTH BLANKET .......DONE!

Well hello! I'm so sorry that it's been so long. I hadn't quite realised how quickly the weeks had slipped by until popping in just now to let you see my finished blanket. I've been pretty busy one way or another and time has just flown. But here I am, with a finished project at long last.

I have to say, I'm very much in love with this gorgeous blanket and love that the new owner will be little Isaac. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to think of that beautiful little man snuggling up in the cosiness of his Planet Earth stripes. I'm so happy with my final colour choices, chosen to reflect as much of the natural world as possible, for my special little explorer.


I'm in love with the simplicity of the edging too! I'm not really a fan of elaborate crochet; it's the simple look for me!


 Within seconds of placing the blanket on the kitchen floor to attempt a 'whole blanket' shot, Oscar had made himself at home; quickly putting his head down and closing eyes, as if he had been there forever. Dear boy!


I just can't get enough of my colour combo!






Believe it or believe it not, I've also managed to begin another blank. This one will be for me, unless anyone claims desired ownership! It's Attic 24's Hydrangea Stripe Blanket. The colours are gorgeous and the pattern is simple, so it's perfect for mindless stitching after a long day!


Thank you so much for stopping by. I promise not to be gone too long this time! x

7 comments:

Una said...

A Planet Earth blanket is a great idea. Yours is lovely. I have ideas whizzing around in my head for one with colours that represent my own city. I love a blanket with a theme or purpose.

Anna Prasad said...

Ros, the blanket is beautiful. I love the colours and they work so well together. Such beautiful work.

Molly the Airedale said...

Isaac's blankie is just beautiful! LOVE the colors! We can't wait to see yours finished!

Lynne said...

Your blankets are gorgeous, loving the colours!

Tracy said...


It's WONDERFUL, Ros!! And Oscar approved too--even better! ;) I like the simplicity of the border. With all those waves and colors, easy on the edging it just the thing. Sooo exciting with the next new blanket--love the colors--and look forward to seeing the progress! :))) ((HUGS))

josiekitten said...

It's fab! My comment seemed to go on the wrong post, not quite sure how that happened!! x

Wyatt said...

What a beautiful combination of colors!
Happy New Year to You, Your Family and Oscar!
♥♥
Wyatt and Tegan